Wednesday 4 June 2014

Where should a man seek refuge?

Are big words like trust, mutual understanding, ghar ki baat, values etc applicable only to husbands?

My wife will bring up these words in her arguments with me. For example whenever my mother tried to interfere for the purpose of calming both of us my wife got infuriated and abused my mother for the reason that she has no business between husband and wife. Now it could be that I will have a softer corner for my mother but still what I can say being fair is that my mother always interfered to calm matters between us.

My wife has problems if my mother talks to my sister, real sister and shares her issues which my mother has had my wife. My wife wants that my mother should not talk to my sister about matters which are in the family or ghar ki baat.

Now, this Saturday (31 May) I, my wife and our son went to a movie with my sister's family - her husband and two kids. After the movie we were sitting in food court of Ambience mall at Vasant Kunj when I took all the kids to a bookstore. My sister had to use the washroom and so my wife and my sister's husband were left on the table. My wife started talking to my sister's husband about her issues with my mother.

What was that if not in direct opposition to what she has an opinion on family matters and ghar ki baat? This is not the first time she acted directly opposite to what she says or exhibits.

What should a husband do? Is there any provision in law that restricts a wife from talking family matters to relatives or outsiders? If I scold her I will be honoured by cases like 498a by my wife fully supported by Indian state. If I talk to her relatives or outside about her she will raise a ruckus and a raise a FIR against me for harrassment.

Where should a man seek refuge? His better half is devilish for him and the law forces him to abide by the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment